At Asia King Travel, responsible travel is also our commitment, ensuring that we are respecting the sustainable development of our destinations. With the fast growing number of tourists coming to Southeast Asia comes a heavy responsibility for all travellers and the ones who executes the experiences. We work in hand with our partners while operate in a respecting manner toward the environment and our society, to demonstrate the principles of responsible travel and to bring the best services to our customers.
What is Responsible Travel?
Responsible Travel, simply put, is travel that creates better places for people to live in, and better places to visit. Responsible tourism is fast becoming a global trend. Recognizing the global significance and importance of the responsible tourism has inspired Vietnam's Responsible Travel Club.
Created by the World Travel Mart (WTM), World Responsible Tourism Day, is celebrated annually during November. World Responsible Tourism Day is endorsed by the World Tourism Organisation andWorld Travel and Tourism Council.
Why Responsible Travel?
Here are some of the benefits of responsible travel and traveling responsibility:
- Minimizes negative economic, environmental and social impacts.
- Generates greater economic benefits for local people, enhancing the quality of life for host communities.
- Improves working conditions and accessibly to the tourism industry.
- Involves local people in decisions that affect their lives.
- Contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural capital.
- Provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people. Enhances understanding of local cultural, as well as social and environmental issues among tourists.
- Provides employment for physically challenged people.
- Encourages respect between tourists and hosts.
- Builds community pride and confidence.
- Works towards mitigating climate change
How are we doing this?
In recent years, we have built Asia King Travel’s charity fund to conduct projects to support local communities by buying cattle, rebuilding schools and supplying facilities for households and children in poor highland areas. Being a member of The Responsible Travel Club of Vietnam in 2014, an informal association of different travel agencies, NGOs and individuals dedicated to building, practicing & developing responsible travel for a sustainable growth in tourism, Asia King Travel has been making great effort to support local people in all regions of Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.